February 4, 2011

Welcome to the Fish Tank!

Welcome to All About Fish! I have just recently started my own fish tank, and had it for about a year. I have my mom helping me with everything, and I am enjoying my new hobby greatly. It's a lot of fun, and a lot of work, but I thought I would share my knowledge to help any other new beginners.

Now it's time for some introductions! I currently have a 10 gallon freshwater tank complete with rocks, fake plants, filter and a 900 whisper air pump, which is connected to a castle and an airstone which I have placed in a sprite can, ceramic of course.


My 10 gallon Fish Tank!














 My tank is home to 10 creatures, an angelfish named Silver Dollar, or SD, the plecostomus named Leviathon, or Levi, a loach who I call Slytherin. I also have a tigerbarb named Leroy after my favorite character from NCIS, and two zebra danios also named for NCIS characters, Kate and Ziva. My favorites are my frogs, Mcgee and Dinozzo, again with the NCIS theme, I'm a creature of habit. Last but not least are two bloodfins, I inherited these recently from my mother so they aren't named yet but I'm sure I'll find inspiration maybe this time from a different t.v. show.

I plan on posting an article soon about how to set up a fish tank. Feel free to comment and let me know if there is something you would like to know about keeping freshwater fish.

1 comment:

Erin Kidd said...

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming
hahaha
you know you love it